A child with ASD is like a snow flake or finger print in the sense that, from a distance they look similar or even the same but upon closer examination they are in fact, quite different. Each unique in their own way with no two being the same.


Friday, July 20, 2012

It did my heart good today....

As I mentioned in my last few posts, it's been challenging lately with my boy.  The medication changes have been rough but I believe that we will find the right one.  I do believe that he will benefit from them.

Tonight he tested for his yellow belt at martial arts.  Let me say that he is an COMPLETELY different child when he is at martial arts.  We can have a really rough day at home and he gets there and it's like he's in his zone.  He is focus, determined and ready to go.  I love it.  He loves it.  It's SUCH a positive thing for him and I am very thankful for that.

I LOVE this picture!!

Waiting for testing to start....

Basics....


Getting ready for kicks.....this was REALLY funny to watch.  Jason said it best..."it's like rolling a dice!"  Kids going all over! ;-)




 Sparring....D's least favorite but he did good.


Grappling...he likes this a lot more and did really great tonight!



 And what he was MOST looking forward too....breaking his board!

Getting his yellow belt!!




No comments:

Post a Comment